Finding Hope From The Polarized Reality Of BPD
Borderlines can and need to work toward welcoming in hope one step at a time through mindfulness and radical acceptance.
In this program A.J. Mahari talks about how those with Borderline Personality Disorder can find hope from her own experience as someone who had BPD and has recovered. Mahari knows what it is like to fight the battle of borderline negativity to find her way to the hope that helped her to go on and recover.
Mahari talks about what blocks many with BPD from feeling hope or like they can have hope. Mahari encourages those with BPD to begin to realize the importance of addressing borderline abandoned pain that sits between them and the ability to hold and live from a hopeful place inside.
Mahari talks about, as someone who as been there, the cognitive distortions that have created the polarized ways that borderlines experience their thoughts and feelings and how that polarization is what often blocks hope.Mahari also outlines the ways that borderlines can work toward welcoming in hope one step at a time through mindfulness and radical acceptance. Mahari also shares a couple of her own experiences when she was in recovery from BPD, in group therapy, that give a clear illustration of the reality of hope as a catalyst for change and the reality of the blessings of paradox.
Tracks in this audio program include:
- Track 1: The Core Wound of Abandonment – The Source of Negativity in Borderline Personality Disorder
- Track2: The Role of Negativity in Borderline Personality Disorder
- Track 3: Learned Helplessness – The Result of Cognitive Distortions – how it impacts hope and becomes an obstacle that blocks hope and getting on the road to recovery
- Track 4: How To Find Hope From Within The Emotional Storms of Borderline Negativity
- Track 5: Applying Mindfulness and Radical Acceptance To Finding Hope, Maintaining Hope and Experiencing Hope as a catalyst for change in the quest for paradox (Wise Mind) – A.J. also shares a couple of her own challenging experiences from her recovery when she was in group therapy that underscore the importance of hope.
By: A.J. Mahari © March 2008
Published by PhoenixRising Publications
All Audio Programs are in mp3 format. All Ebooks are in PDF format. Audio Programs and Ebooks are available for electronic download only upon purchase.